Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Today I was treated to a delicious homemade breakfast by my girls. Scrambled eggs, bacon, pumpkin waffles and a mocha. I was also treated to very thoughtful Father's Day cards. It was a great way to start the day.
We then played it lazy for a while and watched some World Cup Soccer - Italy vs. New Zealand. It was a 1-1 tie which is essentially a win for NZ. I was feeling pretty good so we decided to go downtown and walk Main Street - a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon in our sleepy little town. Check out some antique stores - Gayle is on a vinyl records kick - and you never know when a cool, old camera will present itself, and there are always funny hats to try on. We stopped and had a little snack at a local bakery, then made a stop at the Fro-Yo place before heading back home. We topped off the day with a trip to the movie theater tonight to see Toy Story 3. Another winner for Pixar! Buzz Lightyear in Spanish mode rocks!
The Bell Tower

Gayle

Sarah

I Don't Know Who Lives Here


No, I don't Know What This Means

A Little Excitement!

As for me, the last week has been pretty good. Feeling alright in general, but still tired and a little dizzy from the levetiracetam. At least until yesterday when I felt pretty lousy for most of the day. I wrote to Dr Y (my neurologist) to update him on how I'm doing. He wrote back this morning at 8:30(!) He's pretty convinced that my previous symptoms are low-level seizures, but I may respond better to another medication (i.e. fewer side effects), so I think we're going to try something else. I'm not sure what, but I expect to find out soon. The good news is I'm another week closer to surgery which is at once a relief and frightening. As much as I want this over with, when I think about what's actually going to happen, it freaks me out. 19 days and counting...

All in all, it was a great Father's Day. Happy Father's Day to all the other fathers who may be reading this. And Happy Father's Day to my dad, who I miss dearly. This September it will be two years since he passed away.

And a big thank you to everyone who has written, both here on the blog and by email. I even got a hand-written letter from a good friend back east. I don't remember the last time that's happened. I appreciate all the positive thoughts and support. I am humbled by all the love and kindness that's been directed my way. It's a true pleasure to have so many wonderful people in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Kerik,
    Looks like you had a fantastic Father's Day! Lovely ladies in your life! I just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts. Stay strong.

    Chrissy Deiger

    ReplyDelete